At Kids Under Construction, we use the Pinnacle Curriculum program which was developed by a team of early childhood educators. It was designed to engage children in age and developmentally appropriate learning activities. Our low child-to-teacher ratios perfectly compliment the program, and are structured for individual and group activities. Each classroom is equipped with learning and developmental activities to challenge young minds.
Pinnacle Curriculum Information
The following is a brief synopsis of the development program taken directly from the Pinnacle website. For more information on the program, visit their website at http://www.cceionline.edu/index.cfm?id=22.
"Pinnacle is a research-based early childhood curriculum, designed with both teachers and students in mind. Based on the works of Piaget, Gardner, and Erikson, Pinnacle provides teachers with lessons that engage children in developmentally appropriate activities. Pinnacle is published in an easy-to-use, reusable format that includes lesson plan guides, activity enrichments, and long range goals linked to key standards. Comprehensive programs are offered for Infants, Toddlers, Two's, Three’s, Four’s, and School-Age children."
- Based on the works of Piaget, Gardner, and Erikson
- Developmentally appropriate activities that adhere to industry standards
- Clearly stated learning objectives to help facilitate learning in all domains
- Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles
- Carefully selected themes that capture children's interest
- Long-range goals linked to Key Standards
- Provides suggestions to enrich developmental milestones based on research
- Interactive activities that help children develop a love for learning while they are growing, playing, and having fun
- Cost effective – Purchase it once and reuse it year-after-year
- Easy to follow daily or weekly format
- Includes Lesson Plan Guides
- Options for enriching activity centers and circle times every day
- Suggested book lists related to theme
- Patterns included for teacher use and classroom enrichment
- Five weeks of curriculum for each month
- Comprehensive Age-Specific Programs for Infants, Toddlers, Twos, Threes, Fours and School-Age children