Policies and Procedures
The following pertains to Kids Under Construction policies and procedures. These policies and procedures are non-negotiable and are legally binding.
- All forms must be completely filled out and returned along with current immunization records and any court orders pertaining to the child enrolled before beginning childcare.
- The client understands that medical forms must be filled out before any medication will be administered.
- A two-week written notice must be given if the parent or guardian decides to terminate childcare. If no written notice is given to the director or their assistant, tuition will be due and payable for those two weeks.
- Kids Under Construction is responsible for informing the parent or guardian of any accidents that occur during the day. An accident report will be placed in the child's folder or given to the parent or guardian when picking up their child.
Payments / Billing
- Tuition is due each Friday by 10:00am for the following week's service. Deposit checks in the box provided or give them to the director in the office. A late fee of $10.00 will be charged to all unpaid accounts the following Tuesday, and an additional $10.00 is charged for each day that it is not received. If the account remains unpaid by Wednesday, the child will be unable to attend the center until payment is received.
- Clients are expected to pay weekly tuition whether thier child(ren) attends or not. We are unable to make adjustments for children who are out due to illness, family visits, holidays, etc. We do not provide the option of a holding fee to reserve a child's classroom placement if they need to be gone for an extended period of time.
- State and local programs that provide assistance with childcare expenses will be used as a reimbursement only program. The parent or guardian is responsible for paying the tuition until the assistance payment is received from the state. The parent or guardian is then responsible to pay in advance for their portion of the weekly tuition.
- The parent or guardian will be billed and is responsible for tuition payments, even if their child is absent. Post-dated checks are not accepted.
- An annual supply fee of $45.00 will be billed each September.
- A late fee of $1.00 per minute will be assessed when a parent or guardian has not picked up their child by 6:00pm.
- Returned checks will be assessed fees payable in cash, credit card, or money order for any of the following:
- the full amount of the check
- a $25.00 service fee assessed by the bank
- any other additional fees incurred as a result of the returned check
- If a second returned check is received, the client will be required to pay future tuition payments using cash or credit card. Checks will no longer be accepted after a second returned check.
- Clients who choose to leave Kids Under Construction with an unpaid balance on their account will be responsible for the amount owed along with any legal fees, collection fees, or any other costs associated with satisfying the debt.
Vacation / Holidays
- After one year of continuous enrollment and continuous current billing, each full-time child (five days a week) will receive one week vacation credit. Vacation must be taken in consecutive days. A two week written notice is required to receive credit on the following tuition bill. Notices given to the child's teacher are not accepted.
- Kids Under Construction is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- the day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Children will not be allowed to stay at the center if they have a temperature over 100° F, diarrhea, are vomitting, or have any other contagious symptoms.
- Medication can only be given if it is in the original container, clearly labeled with the child's name and dosage, and if the parent or guardian signs the authorization paper. Give all medication to the director at the front desk. We do not allow any medications in the classroom.
Clothing and Supplies
- Clients should label all their child's belongings. Kids Under Construction cannot be responsible for lost items.
- Send children in appropriate clothing. We will be going outside year round, weather permitting.
- The parent or guardian is encouraged to provide a small pillow and blanket for use during nap time.
- The parent or guardian are to provide an extra change of clothing in a "Ziploc" bag, clearly marked with the child's name, even if the child is fully potty trained.
- The parent or guardian are to provide diapers and wipes for children who are not potty trained. Notices will be given ahead of time when more are needed.
- Pacifiers and bottles are only used in infant and toddler rooms due to germs and for sanitary reasons.
- Kids Under Construction will use redirection first, and if necessary, issue time-outs to children when discipline is needed. Time-outs are removing a child from the situation and placing them by themselves for a time period of one minute, per year of the child's age. (For example, a three year old would be placed in time-out for three minutes.)
- If a child has a disciplinary problem, the parent or guardian will be notified so that the center can work with them as a team and take a course of action together to rectify the problem.
- Biting Policy: If a bite breaks through the skin, the parent or guardian will be asked to pick up the child.
- Accident reports are given to the parent or guardian whenever their child is injured while in the care of Kids Under Construction. The report will contain all details of the accident and what procedures were taken to care for the child.
- In the case of a major accident or emergency, proper medical authorities will be notified and the child will be transported to a medical facility if medical personnel deem it necessary.
- All medical, dental, and/or hospital bills that occur as the result of injury sustained by a child while attending Kids Under Construction are the responsibility of the child's parent or guardian, and are not the responsibility of Kids Under Construction.
Pick Up and Drop Off
- Parents or guardians pick up children inside the building and will walk them to their vehicle. No children will be released to a honking horn. Children are the responsibility of their parent or guardian when leaving the center, including the parking lot area.
- Only designated persons are allowed to pick up children.